In September of 2023, the Taskforce on Nature-Related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) released their finalized framework for providing organizations with a guide to assess their impact and dependence on the planet’s ecosystems and biodiversity. As ESG standards are evolving from climate goals to include habitat usage and protection, demand is growing for tangible metrics to measure biodiversity risks and opportunities.
In this webinar, Best Bees CEO Noah Wilson-Rich, Ph.D. will be joined by Pranay Kejriwal, Senior Consultant at Mazars, and Austin Pierce, Associate at Latham & Watkins. Noah, Pranay, and Austin will be deep diving the new TNFD framework and how it will shape corporate sustainability strategies from accounting, legal, and research perspectives.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to TNFD and how it will shape corporate sustainability standards
- Why the ESG space is shifting from climate & emissions to include habitat and biodiversity
- The importance of including natural capital in risk management strategies
- How organizations can account for their nature-related risks using tangible and measurable metrics
- How honey bees and other indicator species can deliver ESG metrics by producing biodiversity data
The Best Bees Company CEO and Chief Scientific Officer
Associate at Latham & Watkins
Senior Consultant at Mazars
About The Best Bees Company
The Best Bees Company installs and maintains honeybee hives on commercial and residential properties in urban centers across the US. Our mission is to improve bee health and expand the bee population. Since 2010, we’ve made a tangible, positive impact on the environment, one beehive at a time.
Our beekeeping methodology controls for variability, ensuring the data we collect on each beehive is suitable for rigorous research. Our clientele includes corporations that want to activate sustainability in their business model, individuals who want to reinvigorate their local ecosystem from their own backyard, and property owners who want a turnkey way to put underutilized space to work for the greater good.