Here's who we're looking for:
The Best Bees Company is seeking a Marketing Coordinator in the Boston metro area!
We are a full-service beekeeping operation headquartered in Boston. We deliver, install, and manage beehives for residences and businesses in 13 cities nationwide. The data we collect via our hive visits supports honey bee health research at our sister non-profit The Urban Beekeeping Laboratory and Bee Sanctuary.
The ideal candidate for this position is a recent graduate with a passion for marketing and working for a mission-driven company. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are interested in digital marketing tactics like SEO, content writing, email, social media and lead generation. The Marketing Coordinator must have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and be comfortable writing content. The Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Marketing Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DAILY TASKS
- Publishing blog posts on WordPress website
- Making adjustments to existing content on the WordPress
- Drafting and launching marketing emails via Mailchimp
- Drafting and launching lead nurture/drip campaigns through email automation system
- Conducting market research to support new marketing and product initiatives
- Conducting link building efforts to support SEO goals
- Quality Assurance (QA) of content, design and development projects
- Supporting with event planning and fulfillment
- Pulling data to support monthly and quarterly reports
TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED
Have the ability to rapidly learn the ins and outs of our marketing software systems, including, but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
Have an understanding of basic digital marketing and website-building related terms and strategies like:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Link building
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be proficient with Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides
- Be familiar with WordPress CMS
We also look for
- A Passion for the environment
- People skills and positivity
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
This position is on-site. Candidates should be local to the Boston Metro area and will be expected to commute to our Boston office full-time for their first year.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Offer to be commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible schedule that includes December Recess
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Robust Holiday List with Floatable Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement
- Free Beekeeping Services for employees and family members
- Infinite Honey and access to Cool Company Swag
- Well-balanced and fun organizational culture
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must include a cover letter and a resume and may be made to: email@example.com.
In your cover letter, be sure to include an example of how you've successfully demonstrated at least one of the responsibilities listed above.
We require all employees to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and any indicated boosters
Must be comfortable working amongst bees and cats.