Here's who we're looking for:
The Best Bees Company is seeking a Graphic Designer in the Boston metro area!
We are a full-service beekeeping operation headquartered in Boston. We deliver, install, and manage beehives for residences and businesses in 14 cities nationwide. The data we collect from our hives supports honeybee research at our sister non-profit The Urban Beekeeping Laboratory and in collaboration with various other research institutions and organizations.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced graphic designer with a history of working in both digital and print design. This is an excellent opportunity for a person that is looking to apply their design skills to a plethora of projects throughout the organization. This role will work cross functionally across departments and will report directly to the Creative Director.
- Collaborate with our Creative Director and Marketing Manager to create supporting graphics for new content like blog posts, articles and social media.
- Support our digital marketing initiatives with the design of new web assets like new pages and layouts.
- Create print and digital ads for paid advertising opportunities.
- Collaborate with our Sales Manager to design assets that support the sales team efforts. These include sell sheet PDFs, case studies, pitch decks, and handouts.
- Support internal brand efforts by designing signage, resource documents, etc. for the businesses and staff.
- Assist the Creative Director with the design needs that are related to product development. This may include packaging design, merchandising, and more.
- Additionally, we would like the candidate to bring design expertise to the development of new products.
- Coproduce reports and whitepapers for our Research and Development department that are delivered to research partners and clients.
- Design infographics that help to educate our website visitors, clients and staff about bee and pollinator health.
- The candidate will also be responsible for designing client deliverables that include HoneyDNA reports and custom painted beehive mock-ups.
- 3-5 years of design experience
- BFA/BS/BA in Graphic Design or related field
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates breadth of design skills
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and web
- Self-starter/Driven/Time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player/Collaborator
- Attention to detail
Familiar with the following software/tools:
- Adobe Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Google Suite
- Figma is a plus
- WordPress is a plus
- Trello is a plus
WE ALSO LOOK FOR
- A passion for the environment
- People skills and positivity
- Offer to be commensurate with experience
- Well-balanced and fun organizational culture
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com
- In your cover letter, be sure to include an example of how you've successfully demonstrated at least one of the responsibilities listed above.
- We require all employees to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and any indicated boosters.
- Must be comfortable working alongside cats and bees.