Here's who we're looking for:
Business Development Professional: NY
The Best Bees Company is currently looking for a Business Development professional located in San Francisco to join our growing sales team and help further our mission of promoting pollinator health with a special interest in the San Francisco Area!
Best Bees is a unique company with a mission and a culture to match. Our folks are dedicated environmentalists working to support scientific research in honeybee colonies on buildings and in backyards across the United States. Business developers play a direct role in our research and grow the pollinator population with each closed sale. Our business developers help to roll out new offerings, cultivate corporate accounts, and grow the business within target markets.
- Securing new sales and growing the business in the Bay Area; attaining new business revenue goals and assisting in business forecasting
- Prospecting new business opportunities through outreach and utilization of provided sales materials and software
- Creating and implementing a territory development strategy leveraging Best Bees’ unique offerings
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and key accounts
- Preparing and managing monthly and annual forecasts for your territory
- Identifying key trade events and conferences to attend as a representative of the company
- Collaborating and communicating with the Field Operations team in your territory
- Occasional travel may be supported to cultivate new business
- Experienced business development or sales professional with at least 2-3 years of relevant experience selling services or systems and creating a book of business
- Experience in cultivating and growing both existing and new business relationships and opportunities; ability to prospect new leads through ‘cold’ outreach or networking
- Relationship builder with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Self-motivated, resilient mentality with an ability to work independently/remotely while collaborating with others, ideal for those who thrive in a startup environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary Package with Commission
- PTO and Sick Time, Ability to Float Holidays, Winter Reset
- Flexible schedules (Ability to Work From Home (WFH))
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Personalized Sales Training & Access to Beekeeper Training Materials
- Beekeeping Information/Supplies/Materials/Products
- A positive ESG mission with unique culture
Who We Are
The Best Bees Company installs and maintains honeybee hives on commercial, government, and residential properties in urban centers across the US. Our mission is to improve pollinator health and expand the bee population by partnering with clients across all sectors of business and government.
Since 2010, we have made a tangible, positive impact on the environment, one beehive at a time. The Best Bees Company has developed innovative approaches and data that are now used by such institutions as NASA, MIT, Harvard, and National Geographic.
The Best Bees Company is a hub for scientists, artists, and adventurers, where a culture of creativity and environmental stewardship thrive. Our staff of driven professionals dedicates themselves to developing cutting-edge and resourceful ways of ensuring bee health, global food security, and client engagement.