Here's who we're looking for:
The Best Bees Company is seeking a beekeeper in the Boston metro area!
We are a full-service beekeeping operation headquartered in Boston. We deliver, install, and manage beehives for residences and businesses in 21 cities nationwide. The data we collect via our hive visits supports honey bee health research at our sister non-profit The Urban Beekeeping Laboratory and Bee Sanctuary.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- At least one full season of beekeeping experience or ambitions to become a career beekeeper
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to report daily to our operations center located in Roxbury
- Ability to communicate clearly, consistently, and promptly. Familiarity with Slack, Google services, and Apple products
- Familiarity with public speaking or event hosting
- Comfortable working independently in the field with remote support from managers
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs regularly and follow safety protocols
- No allergies to honey bees or cats
Responsibilities will include
- Servicing hives in the Boston region following monthly objectives
- Recording detailed information about the beehives through our proprietary software
- Performing beehive installations, relocations, and removals
- Maintaining Best Bees equipment including construction and keeping inventory
- Administering Varroa mite treatments safely and efficiently
- Maintaining a professional and courteous attitude with Best Bees clientele and communicating efficiently with Best Bees managers
- Assisting with the collection of honey samples for genomic testing & participation in Best Bees-sponsored events (Meet the Beekeeper events, Honey Tastings, etc)
- Performing occasional site consultations with new clients to pick a location for a beehive according to the guidelines provided
- Facilitating extraction of client honey (using rental equipment to extract, filter, jar, and label; or by transferring to city harvesting location)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Rates
- PTO and Sick Time (approx. 15 days/year), Ability to Float Holidays, Winter Reset
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Training & Beekeeping Information/Supplies/Materials/Products
- A positive ESG mission with unique culture
Who We Are
The Best Bees Company installs and maintains honeybee hives on commercial, government, and residential properties in urban centers across the US. Our mission is to improve pollinator health and expand the bee population by partnering with clients across all sectors of business and government.
Since 2010, we have made a tangible, positive impact on the environment, one beehive at a time. The Best Bees Company has developed innovative approaches and data that are now used by such institutions as NASA, MIT, Harvard, and National Geographic.
The Best Bees Company is a hub for scientists, artists, and adventurers, where a culture of creativity and environmental stewardship thrive. Our staff of driven professionals dedicates themselves to developing cutting-edge and resourceful ways of ensuring bee health, global food security, and client engagement.
Ready to Apply?
Send an email including your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll follow up as soon as possible!