Here's who we're looking for:
The Best Bees Company is seeking a beekeeper in the Boston metro area!
We are a full-service beekeeping operation headquartered in Boston. We deliver, install, and manage beehives for residences and businesses in 13 cities nationwide. The data we collect via our hive visits supports honey bee health research at our sister non-profit The Urban Beekeeping Laboratory and Bee Sanctuary.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
Experience beekeeping (i.e. personal hives, professionally, completed bee courses, mentoring, etc.)
Experience driving large vehicles
2+ years in customer service
Certification for Pesticide application in MA
Consistent weekday availability
Valid driver’s license required
Ability to communicate clearly, consistently, and promptly through phone and Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, Drive, etc)
Willingness to take on additional, often last-minute tasks/hive checks such as queen fixes, swarm
catching, company events, etc.
Maintain a professional and courteous attitude with Best Bees clientele and teammates
Ability to work in a team setting
Comfortable working independently in the field with support from remote managers
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs
Be able to work 10 hour days
Responsibilities will include
Service Best Bees hives in the Boston metro area following monthly objectives
Record detailed information about the beehives through our proprietary application
Perform beehive installations, relocations, and removals
Administer Varroa mite treatments safely and efficiently
Maintain a professional and courteous attitude with Best Bees clientele
Work in our Operations Center
Maintain Best Bees equipment including keeping inventory and construction
Preparing materials for the field, including loading and unloading vans.
Regular cleaning and maintenance of the workspace
Facilitate extraction of client honey (using equipment to extract, filter, jar and label)
We also look for...
- A Passion for the environment
- People skills and positivity
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- Possess the physical abilities of lifting, bending, squatting, standing for extended periods
- Must not be allergic to bee stings
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar) or similar collaborative platforms
How to Apply
- In an email, describe your experience with one or more of the requirements listed above. What were the context, challenge, outcomes, and/or key takeaways?
- Attach or link to your resume or portfolio.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll follow up as soon as possible!