Here's who we're looking for:
Part-Time Beekeeper: Atlanta, GA
The Best Bees Company is seeking part-time beekeepers in the Atlanta area!
We are a full-service beekeeping operation headquartered in Boston. We deliver, install, and manage beehives for residences and businesses in 21 cities nationwide, including the Atlanta metro area. The data we collect via our hive visits supports honey bee health research at our sister non-profit The Urban Beekeeping Laboratory and Bee Sanctuary.
Our beekeepers are managed by our nationwide team and we offer flexible scheduling to accommodate your schedule. Ideally, candidates will be available for at least 2 - 4 beekeeping routes per month, though more frequent scheduling may be available. We offer a competitive hourly rate and are seeking a beekeeper to start ASAP.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Experience beekeeping (i.e. personal hives, professionally, completed bee courses, mentoring, etc.)
- Consistent weekday availability
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to efficiently service hives in the Atlanta metro area.
- Access to a vehicle you feel comfortable transporting beekeeping equipment in, such as boxes, feeders, frames, bottom boards/top covers, etc. (preferred but not required)
- Access to a smartphone (preferred but not required)
- Ability to communicate clearly, consistently, and promptly through phone and Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets, Drive, etc)
- Willingness to take on additional, often last-minute tasks/hive checks such as queen fixes, swarm catching, company events, etc.
- Comfortable working independently in the field with support from remote managers
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 lbs
- Comfortable with participation in Best Bees Sponsored Events including Hive Tours and Tabling events for corporate clients
Responsibilities will include
- Service Best Bees hives in the local area following monthly objectives
- Record detailed information about the beehives through our proprietary application
- Perform beehive installations, relocations, and removals
- Maintain Best Bees equipment including keeping inventory and construction
- Administer Varroa mite treatments safely and efficiently
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude with Best Bees clientele and teammates
- Perform occasional site consultations with new clients to pick a location for a beehive according to guidelines provided
- Facilitate extraction of client honey (using rental equipment to extract, filter, jar, and label; or by transferring to city harvesting location)
We also look for...
- A passion for the environment
- People skills and positivity
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Possess the physical abilities of lifting, bending, squatting, standing for extended periods
- Must not be allergic to bee stings
How to Apply
- In an email, describe your experience with one or more of the requirements listed above. What were the context, challenge, outcomes, and/or key takeaways?
- Attach or link to your resume or portfolio.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll follow up as soon as possible!